C-MES:Production management is a production management system (C-MES) of a new generation, ideally suited for manufacturers of metal, film and paper, furniture, etc., operating one or several factories. The system is designed to optimize the planning, execution and control of your production, optimize the internal operations of the plant, while ensuring complete traceability of your products.
The system eliminates redundant documentation in the workshop and provides real-time information updates, allowing you to avoid problems, as well as instantly monitor and respond to deviations occurring in the production process. It improves communication in the workshop, offers customized reports that allow management to assess the state of production and performance.
C-MES:Production management will help you achieve maximum efficiency in the use of equipment, materials and labor. The system easily integrates with process control systems and ERP, which makes C-MES Solutions the leading universal supplier of software in the field of production planning and execution, as well as in optimizing the cutting of roll and sheet materials.
- Allows you to quickly and flexibly respond if unplanned events occur during execution, minimizing quality impacts.
- Connects the planning and production department through end-to-end coordinated shipment-production-supply schedules with the availability and technological features of the equipment and tracking them with the help of real-time updates
- Provides tracking and high visibility of production to improve customer service (timely production and delivery of products to the client)
- Increases asset utilization efficiency and efficiency monitoring of business performance indicators such as KPI schedules, OEE, highlights bottlenecks and reduces downtime
- Improves daily practice and interaction with employees through terminals and common equipment screens
- Promotes continuous improvement techniques for quality assessment and defect tracking for automatic classification
- Provides a visual picture of the workshop in real time with transmission to other industrial or corporate information systems being the «sole source of information»
C-MES:Production management includes a complete set of integrated modules for solving the entire workflow. Designed specifically for the metal, film and paper industries, combining many years of experience with C-MES Solutions Ltd. in these areas, it requires minimal configuration and can be deployed and implemented in less than 12 weeks on the enterprise. Key features:
- Automatic generation of demand for dependent demand based on customer orders placed for production
- Automatic selection of the most optimal route for the manufacture of semi-finished products and products from a variety of alternative
- Automatic formation of production batches
- Automatic generation of cutting maps and production assignments or loading from external applications
- Built-in calculator for cutting materials (1D, 2D, 3D). For 2D cuts, curvilinear cutting is supported.
- Management of the status of cut maps
- Assigning permissions for each user to data, forms, views and reports, and reports
- Associated quality control profiles for targeted laboratory tests and restrictions for different groups of products and materials (by brand, thickness, specific gravity, etc.)
- End-to-end traceability of series (batches) and their properties. Applying the results of parental tests to daughter products
- Real-time consumption of materials and raw materials
- Recording and monitoring equipment stops, including causes of stops, to identify pain points and assist in the maintenance department
- Access to data and reports for mobile devices to provide relevant information to operators operating outside the terminal stations
- Label printing for product identification, including barcodes and RFID
- Storage and display of detailed production history and quality for each batch
- Calculation of optimal packaging formats for loading cars, containers and wagons
- Transfer of shipping information and billing to the ERP system to support shipping from the finished product warehouse
Integration with production equipment for sending shift tasks, work instructions and receiving updates from production in real time
- Remote reports to measure OEE, as well as the rest of the required key performance indicators
- Extended analytics for correlating quality issues with measured process parameters
- Detailed tracking of the location of each object of material accounting (sheet, roll, product, etc.)
Why buy C-MES:Production Management?
C-MES:Production management is designed specifically for metallurgy, the production of plastic films, nonwovens and the paper industry, combining C-MES Solutions' many years of experience for such manufacturers. The system requires minimal configuration. Since this is a «boxed» solution, the risk of unsuccessful implementation is much less than the adaptation of other production solutions to the specifics of production, as well as the time required for return on investment is much lower.
It was designed to work in 24x7 mode. Based on Microsoft SQL Server DBMS and Windows operating system, we have extensive experience of integration with most modern ERP systems, as well as process control systems using an OPC server (or direct connection with PLCs) and laboratories, quality control systems and management. warehouse
The functionality of C-MES:Production Management includes:
- Register and manage customer orders
- Production planning and execution
- Traceability and genealogy of products and materials at all stages, including geometry
- Formation of cards for cutting sheet and roll materials
- The use of information on waste production, including the planned
- Create and print custom labels
- ERP integration
- Integration with process control equipment
- Collection of quality information
- Tracking of resource specifications and standards of consumption of raw materials and materials
- Order scheduling and delivery scheduling
- Warehouse management
- Performance and cost analysis, reporting
Register and manage customer orders
C-MES:Production management users can place customer orders manually, receive them from other systems, including CRM, ERP systems and from Internet sites.
Production planning and execution
C-MES:Production management users can view the planned schedule in both graphical and tabular format:
C-MES:Production management allows you to control production activities on any equipment or station in the workshop, including, for example, furnaces, continuous metal bottling plants, extruders, paper machines, primary and secondary cutters, and more. other
Traceability and genealogy at all stages, including geometry
C-MES:Production management architecture allows you to track any production operation and easily simulate all processes in a factory. This feature helps in the event of a customer claim.
C-MES:Production management tracks every semi-finished and finished product with a complete change history. An intuitive diagram shows the genealogy and information about each stage of production.
Create and print custom labels
C-MES:Production management automatically prints labels after each operation with fully customizable information and layout, including barcode and RFID. It has built-in support for BarTender® "The World's Most Reliable Label and Barcode Software Provider".
Our customers can demonstrate close integration with the following ERP systems:
- SAP R / 3
- Microsoft Dynamics
- JD Edwards
Integration with process control system
C-MES:Production management was designed with an extensible architecture to support a wide variety of protocols and devices used in industry.
Customer factories can demonstrate our large collection of interfaces, including:
- Metso BDM
- Plastic extruders for automatic roll registration
- Davis Standard
- Wrappers, duplex cutters, scales and wrappers through OPC servers
Quality data collection
C-MES:Production management can collect values for quality characteristics, either from sensors (in real time) to automate process / historical data or by user input.
Similarly, C-MES:Production Management records an arbitrary number of location-specific defects for the production of rolls / sheets / profiles:
Identified defects and the assessment of quality parameter values, depending on requirements based on customizable reaction templates for events, can trigger automatic actions, such as marking elements for re-working or further testing by the quality service.
Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE)
The OEE module allows users to request historical data to analyze the availability and performance of equipment, as well as the quality of manufactured products. By default, the OEE performance benchmark for the work center is the color coding of traffic, in the three-color mode.
C-MES:Production management records production parameters. This includes collecting information about process measurements, such as caliper, pressure, energy consumption, etc. It also includes a data analysis tool that captures and stores such information. As a result, this tool allows you to:
- Diagnose / troubleshoot
- Generate reporting
- Identify opportunities for improvement
- Track downtime
- Keep track of costs, energy consumption
Transportation and shipment planning
C-MES:Production management plans to transport orders based on specified routes.
- Different loading, shipping and delivery calendars can be assigned to each route.
- Users can verify that the settlement plan is correct and allow C-MES: Production Management to do planning in accordance with established rules.
- Alerts when orders are late compared to the planned date of shipment.
- Creating a document for the transport of each order
- Automatic calculation of optimal order packing
All material is addressed and monitored, allowing operators (for example, truck drivers) to know which material to take and where to leave it, regardless of its location, for example: before a conversion operation, in a warehouse or on a vehicle leaving the plant.
C-MES:Production management maintains a hierarchy of production sites, warehouses and storage cells.
C-MES:Production management can interact with third-party WMS systems.
C-MES:Production management supports packaging (grouping of elements), for example, a pallet on which different items are placed. The container can be moved as a whole, and not as separate elements.
Performance and cost analysis and reporting
- All equipment events are recorded (input, output, stop, breaks, start, etc.).
- Reason codes and comments can be entered by the operator / shift master before the shift ends.
- Production and efficiency reports by machine, shift, product, raw materials, etc.
- Comparison of the actual production compared with the "ideal" production
- C-MES:Production management users can easily create reports using Crystal Reports or Microsoft Reporting Services. There are a number of standard reports, and they can be modified to meet specific needs.
- Shift assignment management includes:
- Generate shift tasks for a given calendar interval
- Register actual production operations, used equipment, labor operations and materials manually and using terminals in the workshop, as well as receive this data directly from the equipment
- Allows you to customize response patterns for events and commands consisting of a supervisor and operators
- Statistics are maintained, determined by the qualifications and skills of the operator, the technological features of the equipment unit, which allows to calculate the production schedule and assign replaceable machine tasks based on these statistics.
- Allows operators to enter notes when registering the fact of production and transmit instructions for the next shift. They are easily accessible from production screens.
- You can search, read, and print shift reports
- This functionality allows operators to register activity records electronically in order to increase the efficiency of production management and speed up the decision-making process.
C-MES:Production management created the first advanced planning system designed and created to solve your planning problems and allow you to focus more on your business goals. C-MES:Production management provides short and medium term planning opportunities for your business. The system allows you to simulate complex multistage production processes, organizing tasks at each work center and estimating start and end dates with several limitations.
C-MES:Production management is easily customized for your industry. If you work in industries producing or processing rolled or sheet products, such as: plastic films and flexible packaging, nonwovens, metals, paper and cardboard products, as well as mechanical manufacturing.
The effect of use is achieved in several ways:
- Customer service is improved by improving quality and reducing production time.
- Stocks - reduced by at least 30%
- Failure to fulfill orders - reduced by at least 50%
- The status of orders is monitored through an integrated system.
- Increases overall performance by reducing downtime and equipment setups
- Cost of production control - reduced by at least 25%
- Work in progress - reduced by at least 20%
- The cost of waste (depending on production) can be reduced tenfold.
- Lack of stocks - reduced by 10 times
- Changeover costs - reduced by at least 15%
- Overall increase in productivity of the planning department - 400%
In addition, this is achieved:
- Increased production transparency
- Improve traceability and product quality
- Quick return on investment